March 3, 2014

March 3, 2014


Thank you for the loving letter.  I don't even know how you do it, but every time I read your letters I literally feel all your love for me and just smile.  I have never known true love until being here.  I hope you all really know how grateful I am for each and every one of you.  Thank you for the letters, emails, packages, kisses, smiles, hugs, and just concern and love for me.  I appreciate it so much!!!
Things this week went good.  Honestly can't think of anything new or exciting.  We met a couple new people and are teaching this family (the Eason's).  I don't know if I mentioned James a while back, but we met him outside his house smoking and asked if we could come back and talk more of Christ.  We did and his mom and sisters sat in on the lesson too and just really loved us being there.  They knew we couldn't stay long and so they said, "go outside, and then come right back in, so that way you can be here another hour!"  Smart kids!  Ha ha..  But we had a return appointment last night but they cancelled.  So we are really hoping tomorrow they don't.

Yes we have been getting some rain the last few days luckily!!!  It's been nice.  Now the fog is here though too.  The mornings are weird in running in it.  You just are drenched in water by the end of your run only because of all the moisture you are running in.  Ha ha..  

That's so exciting Kaylor is coming home soon!!!!!! Can't wait to hear all his stories.  Hope you all have fun on your trip to see Amanda, Solomon, and Gideon.  Yes I would love to go out there and see them when I get back!   And also, no I have not received the package yet.  Again, that is my mission.  You literally have to send stuff forever in advance in order for me to get it on time.  We only get packages when the Zone Leaders go to Fresno for meetings.  So not sure when the next time they are headed there especially with Transfers coming up.  No meetings.  Sorry!  Thank you though for it and I will love it when I get it!  It's weird to think I'll be 23.  I remember turning 21 and freaking out because that was the age to go on a mission.  Yet here I am now, 2 years later on a mission still, and getting older.  Yikes!  Jim and Amie Horan said they are coming to visit me that Monday the 24th to celebrate early with me.  I am super excited for that!  I miss them so much!  I miss everyone in Los Banos so much!  I can't wait to take you there!  I sure hope I haven't missed any ones Birthdays.  I've tried to send a card out around then, so sorry if it comes too early or too late.  And if I've forgotten all around, I apologize.  It's hard to keep track of everyone being away!

I'm happy to hear you all are studying together about Paul. I don't know much about him either but it sounds like you all are learning a lot and applying the things you learn to yourselves.  I've been reading a lot in True to the Faith.  I love reading in the scriptures a principle and then reading more about it in True to the Faith.  I have learned I can't just sit and read and try to find something in my studies, but to read something and go off of that.  Research it.  So like background, history, definitions, etc.  That's where I've found a lot of my understanding has come from the last little bit.  I miss being able to pull up LDS.org or the mormon channel and looking up topics there or listening to them.  Can't wait to do that regularly! :)  

Well I love you all!!!! Hope this week is a good one for all of you.  Don't forget about me!!!!  Good luck dad with hiring someone new.  If you need any help there when I get back, I'd love to.  Take care!!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
- Sister Sorensen


No comments:

Post a Comment