March 31, 2014

March 31, 2014

Thank you all for the Birthday wishes and presents!  It was a good day.  I've definitely had better, but considering the circumstances, it was good.  I'm glad you got the email from Sister Dillon.  I had dinner planned with them back in February.  Such a cute couple.  They made us some yummy chicken!  And then we had Apple pie.  Yes the maplenut ice cream here is really good!  The Dillon's stock up on it I guess because it sells out quickly.  So I felt bad eating their stash, but Mmmmmm.. hopefully you will get to try some of it one day.  It's a seasonal one though so it will be tricky.  I have pictures of my Birthday but I forgot my cord.  Did you get the pictures last week?  Hopefully they worked that time.  If not I guess I will just have to wait.  Thank you for the presents!  I especially liked the Sherlock T-shirt!!!!!!!!!! :) Ha ha.. You all are the best!!!  We also just got back from the Sequoia's.  The awesome Horan's drove down to take us with our Zone.  It was pretty chilly up there.  There was snow and ice on the paths.  But it was fun being with them.  What troopers to drive 3+ hours just to take me and Sister Allred there.  They woke up at They woke up at 3:30am to be here at 6:30 this morning to leave.  I love them so much!  Look for the postcard in the mail! :)  And yeah Ida Ormsby's sister is just like her.  They are a cute family.

That is funny you found the green poster.  Yeah I remember making it, but thought we threw it away.  No never did I think I would be speaking Spanish later on in my life.  Wish I was better with it, but I know enough I guess to do what the Lord wants me to do.
Things here are good.  Jessica is still set to be baptized the 13th.  Dion didn't come to church so we have to postpone hers.  But Tionna and her little sister Daneea are planned for this Sunday after Conference.  Fingers crossed things stay solid.  They are such a floppy family.  They always cancel things and/or it is super complicated to teach them.  James Eason, we sadly dropped.  His mother is not happy we are coming over, so to not push the mom, we have to stop.  It's sad that parents won't let their kids chose for themselves.  I know being a parent isn't easy though and they just want what is best for them, but it's still hard and sad that even though the kids want to learn, we have to stop because of the parents.  And one of our other investigators we dropped yesterday.  He is our neighbor Armando.  He was drinking when we were talking to him.  Sister Allred told him to dump it, but he said it's not beer, God just turned it into tea, and that God wants him to drink.  Hummmm.... yeah I don't think so.  We asked him if he wants to change and he said no.  Ha ha..

I enjoyed the General Women's Broadcast too.  I ached to be with all of you though.  It made me sad thinking you all were together having a fun girls night out.  Next time!  But I loved all the songs and the incredible spirit that it brought to the meeting.  Every one of them I just felt peaceful.  It was good.  This week we also had Sister's Conference.  The topic was "The Time That's Left" and of coarse we talked a lot about how we can use what time we have left to the fullest.  This was the first sisters conference where I felt inspired and motivated to change.  Probably because I only have 2 more months left...but it was just excited, always is, when we learn more about who we are and what we are here to be.  We now have 61 sisters here in the mission!  When we got home, I opened the card I got from Grandpa.  Well, before that, earlier that morning (so Thursday morning), as Sister Miller and I were driving up to the conference (we were on exchanges) I sat there and realized I would never get handmade holiday cards from Grandma again.  I was hurt, got upset and was confused on why God didn't allow me to say goodbye to her.  I stayed composed though and tried to think eternally and to stay focused at the conference and like I said it was great.  Well I opened the card from Grandpa and broke down in tears to see that my prayers were heard in that I was sent a handmade birthday card with all the hugs and loves he had for me.  It crushed me to not see grandma's signature as well, but how sweet it was to know that Grandpa is still there and loves me and is trying to carry on Grandma's love and traditions.  Thank you Grandpa in remembering me and doing that for me.  You have no idea how much that meant.  I sure love you and can't wait to see you soon.

It has been a touchy week, but I've realized I need to turn more to the Lord in my struggles and to get strength from him.  He knows how to succor me and pull me through this time.  (Alma 7:11-12).  I sure wish I could throw my hands up and quit, but I know I have all of you cheering me on and are seeing that I finish what I've started.  So thank you.  2 more months.  Can't give up now!

I love you all so much.  I'm so anxious to get home, but beyond terrified too.  I'm starting to realize things won't be the same when I get back.  Life moved on for all of us and it's going to be a lot of adjustment getting back into things.  I don't want to see the sad that's happened (deaths, sicknesses, aging, even government stuff, etc.)  So bare with me and love me for the awkward person I'm going to return as.  Hopefully it won't be too bad.  Ha ha..

Hope this week is a good one for all of you and you feel of my love for you guys.  I sure feel yours, or else I wouldn't still be out here.  I love being a missionary and am learning to love the different trials and obstacles that God puts into our lives.  I know all of these things are for my good and ours.  You all are the best!

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxox
- Sister Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment