March 31, 2014

March 17, 2014

Sisters Allred, Crandall and me with Shamrock shakes.
Thank you so much for your thoughtful letter.  Made me teary eyed knowing you all love me and are here for me.  I'm glad to hear you made it to Illinois safely!  How long are you going to be there?  What's your stops on the way back?  Any fun stops there in Alton?  There is a gentleman in the ward that served in Illinois a while back.  (like 25+ years) when it was all one mission.  I couldn't think of the place Amanda and Solomon lived but I knew it started with an A.  He said Aurora, and I recognized that and said yes, but then realized later that that is where Solomon's parents live.  So you'll have to let me know what ward or area they live in and see if they were around at the same time.  Probably not, but oh well.  Hanford I feel like there are tons of connections back home.  For example.......my bishops wife (Shirley Sopp) is Ida Ormsby's sister!  Awhile back she asked if I knew Thurgoods, but Saturday at a ward activity she came up to me and said she thinks her family knows ours.  She asked me if dad was a dentist in Clearfield.  I said yes.  I asked her the name again and she said Don and Ida Ormsby.  My mouth dropped with excitement.  I told her yeah I know them and can't help but associate them with Scouts and seeing them on the 4th of July and getting food at their booths.  She said yeah they are big into that.  Ha ha..  Cool huh?!?!
Well it's been a good week....only in that Sister Crandall has been here with us the past few days!!!!  Wednesday President Gelwix called and said she will be coming to stay with us for a couple days.  It was been so great being back with her and getting to work together.  This is her last transfer and so she's a traveling trainer.  I'm scared for her to leave.  It's been nice having someone love me.  But tomorrow we have a Zone Conference, so she will probably be leaving then.  Sigh..

That's sad to hear about the Brown's.  What a crazy couple months and year they have been having.  Let them know I love them.  I'm sure they wouldn't really want that news going around, but thanks for letting me know.  Just tell them I've been thinking about them and can't wait to see them all soon.  Have we gotten any word back on their house in Montana then for this summer?

Not a whole lot of new reports to report on.  Dion and Tionna have been slacking.  I feel Tionna can get baptized, but Dion is just taking her sweet time.  But they both didn't keep their appointments this past week and didn't come to church.  But we met a couple other people that have dates.  We saw James Eason yesterday and talked to him about the Strength of Youth pamphlet and how to be better individuals.  He opened up a lot on his addictions to drugs and his time in jail.  He really just wants to be forgiven and leave the past behind.  He said just the other day he bought some weed but seconds later felt to give it back.  He did and just said the person could keep the money.  He's been through a lot and I hope he can feel and see how the Gospel can literally change his life.  We set a date for April 12th.  We hope he continues to have this drive to change and be better.

I want to thank you like always for your thoughts and prayers.

I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!! 79 more days!!!!!!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
- Sister Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment