March 31, 2014

March 10, 2014

Banana Split at Superior Dairy

I finally went to the famous Superior Dairy here!!!  A gentleman in the Elders ward took us out for Hot Dogs and ice cream.  We got a banana split to share.  It was big.  I don't understand all the talk about the place, but it was still fun.  I'll have to take you all there too.  And yes, I finally got the package.  The blame isn't on the mission office this time, it goes on my zone leaders!  I guess they had it in their trunk and just kept forgetting to give it to me.  But I got it last Monday and have been loving it every night!  Thank you for doing that!  

Guess who I met this week?! A distant relative of ours I'm sure.  Like I said, there are a lot of Sorensen's here in Hanford and everyone asks me if we're related.  There is a Kathy Sorensen in the ward that we've been trying to stop by and see.  Last Tuesday after Zone Meeting, we went to Panda Express and there was a lady standing in front of me talking to me asking if we just had a meeting.  I figured she was a member in the other ward because she knew all the missionary/church terms: zone leaders, district meeting, conference, etc.  I asked her what ward she's in and she said 2nd.  I told her that's the one we're in and inroduced myself.  She then said her name is Kathy...Kathy Sorensen!  AHHHH!!!  She then looked at my badge and smiled.  We got talking and she asked me..."are you from Manti?"  I said my grandparents and cousins live there.  She then asked me if I know the Blackhams!  I told her I went to school with one of the kids: Jordan.  It was just fun talking about people we know and finding connections.  As she was leaving she told me I have to come over and we can talk more to see where we're related.  So that's exciting.  I'm sure there are a lot of Sorensen's in Manti too, but it was a mini blessing from God to help me smile.

This week we set a baptism date for Dion and Tianna.  Dion is the mom, Tianna is 18.  I feel bad, I don't know what all I've told about our investigators and area, but we have a recent convert Thomas who was baptized earlier this year.  We've been teaching his family now.  I feel Tianna is pretty solid for the date (March 22nd).  She's been coming to YW's, church, etc and loves it.  Dion won't come to church because she doesn't have a dress.  Sad that that's what is keeping her back.  I personally think it's an excuse, but hopefully I'm wrong.  At Hannah's House I've been helping them sew pillow cases!  You should be proud of me mom! :) Ha ha..  I think today we're making scrapbooks.  I love going over there and doing crafts like that.  Gets my mind off of things.  
Well I hope your week is good.  Good luck Dad with your choice for work.  Be safe on your travels coming up.  I will look for the letters in the mail.  Hopefully I can figure out how to do the passport thing.  I love you all am looking so forward to our reuniting in 13 more weeks!  And I know it's super in advance, but can you start questioning bishop what he wants my topic to be when I get back?  You know me and the need for advance notice!  Ha ha..  Thanks!!!!!
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
- Sister Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment