April 15, 2013

April 15, 2013

I was bit by a dog this week! Funny but painful all at the same time. We had just knocked on a door at a trailer park, and the dog ran out the door and started jumping. There was a gate between us so I thought we were safe. But then I leaned in to talk to the lady (because the dogs were barking loud) and then the little dog got me on the elbow! So I just whipped out a card and we left. I then turned to Hermana Crandall and told her I just got bit. We looked and no blood thankfully, but it was just red. So we went and cleaned it off (just for safety). Luckily it just turned into a bruise. BUT!!!! 2 days later, we were at dinner with the Martinez family, and Hermana Crandall was headed to the bathroom. Their dogs were in the hallway jumping up and down as she was trying to make her way through. She comes to me after and says "I've been bit too!".  I didn't believe her but then she lifted up her sleeve and sure enough, on her elbow as well, she had been bit! HA ha ha... We both just get a kick out of it because it's the same elbow in the same place. So now it's a joke that when there's a dog, we cover our elbows. :)
This week with investigators like I said was more on the down side.  We did a lot of knocking on doors to get our pool of investigators back up after loosing almost all of them. But we've met some good hopefuls! One sister we met; Aleida; we went to do a blessing with her one day but she told us to come back.  So a couple days later we came back which she forgot about.  But she was amazed out our timing and knew God put us there at that moment.  She told us about her life and religion background.  There is so much to say about her but to be brief, she is ready!  She loves us already and told us she wants us to teach her! She is practically a member with how she is living, but has some corrections in certain areas. (like she said she baptized herself, blessed/anointed her home). I will keep you update more as we teach her this week.  Minerva and Antonio: sigh. Well we told them to pray for the 27th of April. They didn't come to church yesterday, so we were a little disappointed. But we have a great Member in the ward who has come with us for the lessons and has been a great fellowshipper. So they are in good hands.
So many interesting people here. Met an atheist to which they yeld at us, slammed the door, and then told us to never come back again! Met an interesting 60 year old guy named Ralph who kept hitting on us. It was awkward. But he was hilarious. He said church should be at 4:30 in the morning. He said he'd go around and ring a cow bell to wake everyone up for church. Sadly he didn't though since we didn't get anyone. Ha ha ha..jk
Well that was the sum of my week. I'm still alive and trudging on. :)  Know that I love you all and hope you have a good week! 
- hermana Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment