May 26, 2014

May 19, 2014


I can't wait to see how the yard looks.  I'd say you could send me pictures, but I think it will be fun being surprised instead.  Hopefully the weather will be nice that day.  Fingers crossed!!!!  That's exciting Stephanie is having a baby!  Does Callie have a wedding date?  And that's okay about Chad being blessed on the 1st.  Sure it would have been fun to be there, but I understand.  I guess they just have to let me play with him and get him all to myself when I get back. ;)

Who was the returned missionary?  I have a rough draft already of my talk but it's hard not being able to sit down and just write it all and figure it all out.  Hopefully we won't be TOO busy that weekend I get back so I still have some time to work on it.

Glad to hear all is well there in Syracuse.  Things here in Hanford are good too.  Beyond hot though.  We had a couple days in the 100's this week.  And to make it even better, we don't have a big teaching pool, so we had to do a lot of finding this week and knocking doors.  It was tough.  On Friday after planning, that's all we did till night time.  We actually met a couple good potentials.  One is Morgan Kelly.  Apparently we met her a few weeks ago and gave her a card.  So after saying a prayer with her she said she recognized us.  We tried to figure out where and when, and then we did.  She lost the card (not sure if she intentionally did it or not) but she was really happy to see us and told us her grandpa died a few months ago and left her his old family Bible.  She didn't know why he was giving it to her and not her other family members.  But meeting us she felt like it was her grandpa telling her she needs to learn more about the bible and Christ.  We tried to set up a time to come back, but she told us the house we were at was actually her boyfriends parents house.  She was just there taking care of the animals while they were out of town.  So finding her was a miracle itself.  She gave us her number and we gave her ours.  We were kind of bumbed with no address or appointment (all missionaries worst nightmare).  We figured it just probably wasn't suppose to be.  Yesterday though we figured to invite her to church.  She nicely responded and said she was at her nieces b-day party.  We told her to let us know when she was free this week to meet up.  Well this morning during studies she texted us and said she wants to meet this Wednesday!  Sister Bee and I were jumping for joy!  I think she's the first person that I've ever found on my mission who actually kept their word and called/texted us on when to meet.  We are excited to meet with her.  Hopefully it keeps going this way and that she loves the message we share with her about Christ and his gospel.

Had a good lesson with Josefina this week.  I don't think she will be getting baptized the end of this month as we had planned, but I know for a fact that she will very soon.  Gonna have to make a trip out for that day!  She really is the greatest.  I hope she continues doing these things.  I'm seeing a lot this transfer of the danger of staying in your comfort zone. I think that's the problem with all our investigators right now.  They are fine where they are at action wise other than they know they should be doing something.  We told Ivy that we give her these assignments to help her grow.  I think if she really doesn't start doing these simple things we are asking her, then I think it's just not her time and we need to put our attention on others.  We haven't been able to find Dennis home the past week and more.  Not sure where he went.  It's hard to get a hold of him.  You either catch him all the time for a good section of time, and then he drops of the earth for some time, and then back to visiting him, etc.

Funny moments of the week:
- Met "chatty" Kathy. (she's disabled after a coma) Met her at the Rehab center.  She told us a bunch of jokes and would not let us go without telling us all of them.  My favorite....
knock knock....who's there.....oink....oink who.....are you a pig or an owl?
- Had a conversation with the elders the other day. We'd only text them scripture references back and forth
- Was at the Relief Society activity (Activity day girls served us ladies a mothers day dinner) and then they performed for us impromptu.  Of coarse they all chose to sing and perform Frozen for all of us.  So if THAT didn't get me even more anxious to see it, I don't know what will! :P
- Shot a "Bug-a-salt" gun!  (look it up on ebay!)

Well I can't think of much else to write about.  It was just a week full of finding.  Can't wait to see you all in 16 days!  I'll start praying for nice weather for us that Sunday.  Ohh and did Bishop say how long he wants my talk to be?  Let me know.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I've been so blessed to have you all in my life and supporting me in this journey.  I could not have done it without you all.  Thank you!  Until next week.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
-Sister Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment