May 7, 2014

May 7, 2014


Things here in Hanford California are going well.  May has been good to us so far.  We had a really awful heat wave last week but luckily Monday and yesterday it cooled down.  I'm just glad I'll miss the heat this summer. 

Well today we had the temple.  We got lost and didn't make it on time, so we ended up doing initiatory's.  I was kind of bummed, but I guess I get to go in 4 weeks before I leave anyway.  My mind is so scatter brained right now sorry.  And also I can't write everything or else I won't have anything to talk about on Sunday!!!!!  Yes we can Skype, so get it working!  We'll be Skyping at Sister Couch's.  Maybe we can try for 4:30 your time, 3:30 my time?  Sister Bee is having her family call at 6:30ish their time (which would be the same time).  Not sure if you can Skype 2 at a time on the same user.  SO....I'll have Sister Couch call or text you if something changes or final details.  But let's plan on 4:30 for now if that's okay.  I can't wait to see and hear you all!!!!!!!!!!!!  Remember it's 40 minutes.

 Yesterday morning I read through my journal and I felt very proud of myself for the growth I've made and the things that I've learned.  I know I've failed in many areas, but I've tried to do better.   I'm trying to stay strong and end strong.

So we don't have any real new investigators, just still the ones we've been working with.  We set a baptism date with Josefina for the 24th.  She finally accepted a date and actually accepted it very well.  I'm so happy for her.  She's my 44yr old BFF!!! :) Ha ha ha..  We also have a date with Dennis for the 31st.  Got to get him to stop smoking first.  Ivy still has a date for the 31st as well.  Not sure how she is feeling about that.  AND!!!!!! We finally got back into Tionna and Daneea's house and talked to them and Dion (the mom) after a month.  Turns out that a certain sister missionary I was companions with for 2 transfers before Sister Bee........pushed their buttons too much and they did not like her.  When they found out she was gone and accepted my apology, she gave us permission to come back again and teach the girls!!!  YAY!!!!!!!  We're going to take it slow, but I am so happy we squared everything around and are back in that house.

Don't know what else really to say.  Ohh I did catch someone stealing and totally caught them and asked for the item!  It was in the morning when we were running.  There are lots of dumpster divers here and this lady was walking around collecting water bottles.  She went past this apartment complex and picked up a plastic baby scooter.  I ran up to her and asked her for the scooter and told her it belongs to the boy that lives there.  She looked embarresed she was caught.  So I took it and ran it back to the house.  The next day I saw the scooter in a different place in the yard and smiled knowing that the kid enjoyed riding it that day without even knowing it almost went missing.  Ha ha..  

Well I don't know much else to say.  I can't wait to talk to you all Sunday!  Happy Mothers Day mom and Happy Birthday Mark on Monday.  I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
- Hermana Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment