June 2, 2014

May 26, 2014

My goodness I can't believe I can now say I will be seeing you all NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!  Hope you're ready for me.  Ha ha.. I don't think there is really anything to get ready.  And to invite.....Kimberly can just post it on facebook to tell my friends.   Thanks!

Well this week has been good but kind of stressful.  Just one of those weeks you want to push hard yet everything else is pushing against you.  A lot of our appointments fell through.  One that bugged me was with one of our members.  We keep planning a time to come over and everytime we are on our way, she cancels on us.  She set up a time this past week saying that day is the best.  Well.... she called and said we can't come over any more because it's the Dancing with the Stars finale.  Sister Bee and I were so annoyed.  What an excuse.  Someone needs to write a book of all the dumb excuses you hear as missionaries or just members in general.  My goodness.  I hope she enjoyed the show more than she would have enjoyed her time with us.  Anyway..

Had my last Zone Conference this week too.  It was what I needed to hear.  I've been beating myself up lately (I guess not lately, I always do, but more so this week then others) on what kind of missionary I've been.  I feel very ashamed I didn't give it my all.  President Gelwix's nephew came and spoke to us.  He was just released from his mission 2 weeks ago.  He was one of the missionaries serving in Ukraine that was released early.  We all had a long talk about how you can't expect to give it your all later on in your mission, but that everyday needs to be your all because you never know when it really will be your last day.  He says he has no regrets and is glad he feels that.  I know I've done a good job even though I know I could have done better.  It's hard not to have regrets in certain aspects.  I hope when I get back and look through journals and pictures, that I will feel more of the effect that I truly made here.  I know you hear about them all the time, but I am grateful for the Horan family in helping me see what impact I have had in their family.  Jim is the sweetest guy ever and has really been a blessing in my life to see just how dumb I am to beat myself up all the time.  I can't wait for you all to meet them along with all the other wonderful families I have met throughout my mission.  At the conference though, as I gave my farewell testimony, I got up there and had to go first.  I had tried thinking of what to say for the past couple days but had nothing.  As I went up, words were literally coming out of my mouth. I know you hear that all the time, but my brain and mouth were not connected at all and it was crazy that I could actually tell.  In my head I was thinking "what am I saying?", as I just am rambling on.  I sat down and had no idea what I just said.  Everyone said they liked it, so I guess that's a good sign.  Ha ha..  Never had that before until then.  

I know I still have one more emailing day, but I just want all of you to know just how truly grateful I am to each and every one of you in all that you have physically, mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and socially done for me.  I honestly can say I would not have been able to stay out here had it not been for all the support, love, and encouragement I received from ALL of you.  I am so glad I made this choice to serve a mission.  I wish more people could experience the things you experience on a mission.  I guess that's why we all just need to go on one!  :)  I don't even know how to explain the things I've witnessed or felt.  But I know what I know to be true.  I love this gospel so very much.  It really can bring us such happiness if we do what we are asked to do.  I have seen how it's not "cool" to do the things that are required and asked of us, yet have seen an even greater witness to the blessings and power that comes from doing those things that are required and asked of us.  I have a greater understanding of Gods love for each of us.  He literally is our father in heaven, and just like our fathers here on earth, He wants what is best for us and knows exactly what we need in life to help us be successful.  I hope you all take a moment and ponder about the things that you know to be true.  I know there will come a stronger knowledge to you that those things are true.  Thank you for sharing this year and a half with me and learning and growing with me.  I hope we all can continue to have missionary opportunities and experience the joy of this Gospel.

This week will be weird as I start saying goodbye to those families and friends here in Hanford.  I'm ready to come home and see you all!  It's been a long year and a half but also very fast.  I was telling Sister Bee the other day about my 1st day in arriving at the MTC.  I had to stop myself from crying all over again.  What emotions and feelings that day brought.  Now I'm at the end and have made it through.  What a journey! :)  

I love you all and hope this week is a good one for you and that you enjoy this last week using my bedroom, clothes, furniture, movies, etc. without me caring.  Ha ha jk.  Until next Monday!  Take care!!!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
- Hermana Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment