February 10, 2014

February 10, 2014

Thanks for the Russian!  Have you been doing the different country dinners and stuff?!  Sure hope so!  I think that has been a fun new tradition!  I'm sad I'm missing it all.  But yes, please keep me updated on everything.
I'm glad to hear you had a good birthday Mom!  Sure looks like a fun one!  We just might have to celebrate everyone's Birthday that I've missed when I get back.  One fun big Birthday party!!
Yes we have been getting rain finally here.  It's still not enough, and I think we need it more in the mountains.  So hopefully we keep getting some rain here and there.  This morning we had fog though which was fun!  I think it was the thickest I've seen since being here, even though it really wasn't as thick as it could be.  But I enjoyed it!

This week has had it's ups and downs.  Thank you for the love and concern and especially prayers.  Things got better the middle of the week, but we are back to what it was. I am just trying to love everyone and not take offense.  Sigh..  But I appreciate the thoughts and love.

This week I taught my first Stop Smoking lesson!  His name is Joe.  He's in his 60's I think.  Such a nice guy and is excited to quit.  It's sad though because we haven't been able to get a hold of him lately and set a return appointment.  We stopped by at his house last night and his ex-wife was there and bashed on us and called us some names.  She's probably been the one withholding communication between us.  I don't think we will ever go back there.  We're going to talk to the Elders here and see if they can teach him so this lady doesn't get more mad at us.

I wish more things happened this week.  It was really long and exhausting.  Door after door after door each night with no one letting us in.  I think that's something that is hard here.  It's very segregated. Missionaries vs members.  No connection or friendships.  Maybe it's just cause I was in my last area for so long and I was able to build these relationships, but here it's sad because Sis Allred doesn't know a lot of the members still.  I'm glad we can work more with new people and investigators, but I know we shouldn't forget the members either.  So that's what we've been trying to fix.  Visiting members.  Do the missionaries still come over to the house often?

Sorry my letter isn't exciting.  I've been chatting with Amanda, Kimberly, and Michelle here and there while trying to write this.  So sorry if it's choppy and not much.  It's been another tough week but I am hopeful for a better one this week.  We're going on exchanges so that will be a good break.  I love being a missionary though.  I really do.  I just am excited to be with people that understand me and that love me.  4 more months.  Anything I can do for you all?  

Hope you all have a good week this week.  Happy Valentines to you all too this Friday!  Will you be mine?!  Thanks for everything.  Take care!!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
- Sister Sorensen


No comments:

Post a Comment