December 20, 2013

December 9, 2013

Greetings to everyone!  My heart is so full of emotions.  I miss not being there with all of you this time of year with the holidays, illnesses, adventures, and everything else that life brings.  I'm very homesick and want you all to know I love you more than anything in the world.

Bishop Lee's funeral was so beautiful.  Before he passed he told his wife how he wanted it to be done, so it was very organized and very uplifting.  He didn't want her to cry or be sappy with her eulogy.  She told a lot of jokes and silly stories of him.  Always a joker.  His favorite city.....Montreal Canada!!!!! I'm sure you would say the same thing too dad since you served there too!  I'm sad to see him gone, but it's sweet to see how strong his kids and wife are which makes us be strong.  The church was packed and it was a great way to teach about the Gospel to those here in town.  Hopefully we will have soften hearts now to accept the messages.

The Elder Porter conference was good.  He talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ more in depth.  I really liked the talks before him though about being humble and full of love.  We as missionaries literally can't talk to EVERYONE we see, but our countenance speaks far more than words.  Always be an example and stay strong to your values.  Elder and Sister Porter cover the middle east.  They obviously can't do any preaching over there, but their actions and lifestyle is how they spread the Gospel.

At the conference, one of the Elders I served with in Modesto came up to me and told me there is a lady in Fresno that is friends with mom that keeps asking about me and is wanting to do team-ups with me some time.  Mom, do you know of someone here that is trying to hunt me down?!  Ha ha.. He said she speaks spanish also.  Hummm... And I'm the only Sister Sorensen here so I know they don't have me confused with some other sister here. He can't remember the name but kept saying it's your friend mom.  So you will have to let me know if you know who it is!

The zoo last week was fun.  It was a lot bigger than I expected (bigger than Nebraska but smaller than Hogle Zoo).  Saw flamingos, zebras, elephants, sea lions, snakes, lots of birds, lemurs, monkeys, kangaroos, warthogs, giraffes, etc.  We will have to plan to go to Hogle Zoo when I get back!

 The ward party was fun too Saturday.  Very disorganized and everywhere, but it was a good turn out.  The Tongan's did a lot of dances which made me miss Amanda teaching them to me.  Santa came so I got a picture with him!

I love you all and hope you have a good week this week.  Always in my thoughts and prayers.  I wrote an email to Grandma so hopefully she gets it.  Thank you for the sweet message.  I love her so much and hope she gets feeling better and can pull through.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
- hermana Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment