December 20, 2013

December 2, 2013

I'm so happy you were able to meet Vern Hixson Dad.  The ward members and us call him our giant skinny teddy bear.  He and his wife are just so loving and fun.  His humor reminds me of yours dad and I think that's why I've gotten along with them so much.  As I'm sure they told you, we spent Thanksgiving with them and enjoyed the afternoon there.  The food was good but definitely not like your yummy food mom.  But it was exciting to see similar foods.  In fact the other night we were helping the Betham family set up their Christmas stuff and she fed us Raspberry pretzel jello (the one that you make mom!!!)  I was so happy to eat it and ate a bunch of it actually as we watched Mr. Kruger's Christmas.  So that was fun.  Then Thanksgiving evening we went to the Garcia's and had our Mexican version of Thanksgiving.  That one wasn't my favorite.  I had no clue what was going on with everyone speaking Spanish and what food I was eating.  It was very fun though because they all dressed up nicely and put a lot of work into their food.  I was still really stuffed from the Hixson's though so I didn't eat much.  Then we went home and watched Forever Strong with Sister Vogel.  So it was a fun Thanksgiving but glad I only have to spend 1 away from home.

Last Tuesday Bishop Lee passed away. :(  His funeral will be held this Saturday.  It's going to be super packed.  The whole community will be there and everything.  I am very relieved though to be here for it.  I think it would be very hard to hear about it later and not be able to attend.  So I'm grateful I am still here and get to go.

Today we went to the Zoo.  That was fun.  I will tell you all about it next week.  We are typing at the community center which is closing in 10 minutes, so I'm trying to type fast and briefly on this past week.

This Saturday we have Elder Porter from the Seventy come and visit us.  So that should be fun!  Saturday is also our Ward Christmas luau so it will be a very filled day.

This past week was good.  Still lots of visiting with members and trying to find new investigators.  The work is going slow, but we are trying to keep busy and teach especially with the holidays coming up.  Hopefully we will have lots of success.

I'm glad to hear you are all doing good and that you did end up having warm turkey and not cold.  Ha ha.. that would be a crazy morning!  You will have to send me pictures.  I will send you mine next week again when I have more time.

I love you all and can't wait to talk to you in 23 more days!!!!!!! :D  Sorry it's short.  I'm still alive though and think of you all the time.  I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving and you are all safe and well.  Enjoy the cold! :P

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
- Hermana Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment